v5+ and above platforms support Let’s Encrypt certificates within the control panel. Let’s Encrypt is a free certificate authority that provides free trusted certificates accepted by all modern browsers.
Let’s Encrypt certificates may be issued within the control panel under Web > SSL Certificates. Let’s Encrypt has a few limitations:
- Only 100 hostnames may be bundled into a certificate
- A hostname may have its certificate generated up to 5 times per week
- Certificates are valid for 90 days
- The control panel will automatically renew your certificate within 10 days of expiration
- Wildcard certificates are not supported